Kaoma receives more relief maize

By Staff Reporter

Kaoma district has received an additional of 2,000 X 50 kgs bags of relief white maize after receiving an equal amount last month for the vulnerable affected by hunger.

The maize will be distributed to all the 16 wards that have been severely affected by droughts in the district.

Kaoma District Commissioner (DC), Kennedy Mubanga disclosed that 80 per cent of the maize will under food for work programme and the remaining 20 per cent will be distributed to the aged and child headed households.

Other beneficiaries will be the terminally ill, visually impaired persons and the physically challenged.

He said his office will not tolerate any individual that will be found diverting relief food to people who are not eligible.