Poisoned beer kills Kawambwa man
By Staff Reporter
Police in Kawambwa say a man died from suspected poisoning on Monday this week.
In a statement, police deputy spokesperspon Rea Hamoonga said Bernard Chungu aged 53 of Medium Density residential area in Kawambwa reported that his son Stain Chungu aged 23, died after drinking suspected poisoned beer.
“Brief facts of the matter are that on 12th November 2018 at 09:00hours the deceased who was a driver arrived home from Posa village and later took the truck to the garage for repairs as it had a problem and thereafter decided to drink beer at a nearby Bar in PWD compound where he met some of his friends and they drunk beer together,” explained Hamoonga.
“Later he went home after collecting his truck. Upon arrival home he decided to take a bath and whilst in the bathing room he felt some chest pains and shouted for help. The brother and mother who were at home quickly attended to him but the pain persisted. That’s how they decided to rush him to Kawambwa General Hospital. Around 19:30hrs he died. Police suspect foul play and we have since instituted investigations.”